The Global Pro Institute is an online professional development program that teaches you the step-by-step process to strategically build a brand, body of work, and network to launch and level-up a career in international education.
READY TO MAKE SOME MAGIC HAPPEN IN YOUR CAREER?
So you want a thriving career in study abroad and international education? Awesome. Working in international ed is an amazing way to make a global impact, change the lives and minds of participants, and pursue a personal passion for meaningful international experiences.
My name is Brooke Roberts and I help you cut through the confusion and the frustration of launching a career in international education.
By the end of this program, not only will you understand the inner-workings of the IE field, build a powerful professional brand, get noticed by thought-leaders and movers and shakers, build a network in a smart (non-sleazy) way, but you'll also land amazing professional opportunities along the way.
The Global Pro Institute was built with you in mind. If you're trying to break into the international education space and you're looking for a practical career roadmap (and help along the way from me), this is the program for you. Here's a glimpse of what you'll get lifetime access to:
START THE ADVENTURE!
GLOBAL PRO INSTITUTE:
- PRACTICAL 5 MODULE CURRICULUM: 5 Pre-recorded Modules (10+ hours of training)
- GPI CAREER ROADMAP WORKBOOK: Guiding you step-by-step through each individual action item
- LIFETIME ACCESS: Lifetime access to all curriculum updates and future live sessions
- EXCLUSIVE INSIDER INTERVIEWS: 14 in-depth interviews with thought-leaders in specific functional areas of the field
- BONUSES: Specialized trainings to help you take your career to the next level (keep scrolling)
- MONTHLY LIVE GROUP COACHING: Group coaching sessions with hot seats each month
- EXCLUSIVE MASTERMIND COMMUNITY: Online Mastermind student center for accountability, ask questions, and get support
I don’t know where I would be in my search if I hadn’t found GPI:
"GPI gave me the confidence to tailor my job search in the most effective way possible. Especially beneficial were the Master Classes, where I thought I would hear from mid-level managers for 30 minutes on their roles, but what I got was 60 minutes or more with the top executives and sometimes the actual founders of prestigious providers, institutions, or universities.
Brooke had such an extensive grasp of the trade, and taught her classes and conducted interviews with such enthusiasm and positive energy that I was sad to see the program end!
GPI’s easy to use online format and measured pace of the coursework were perfect for my busy overseas life, and Brooke was always available with support if I needed some extra help or a boost in my confidence. I am certain that GPI will become the essential course for anyone contemplating the sector. I don’t know where I would be in my search if I hadn’t found GPI.”
- Joe Kaesshaefer, Retired Senior US Foreign Service Officer
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
PRACTICAL + ACTIONABLE STEPS TO LAUNCH AND LEVEL-UP A CAREER IN INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION
- WHY & HOW TO BUILD A PROFESSIONAL BRAND: You'll gain a deep perspective on how and why building a professional brand works in launching and leveling up your career - from understanding the key elements of a strong brand to taking advantage of the powerful ways in which you can establish yourself in the field.
- HOW TO CREATE & SHOWCASE YOUR BODY OF WORK: I'll teach you my 3 by 3 strategy for creating and showcasing your body of work that not only shows your passion but your professional knowledge, skills, and experience as well. We'll build your professional platform and leverage "satellite strategies" to make sure you get noticed.
- GATHERING A POWERHOUSE NETWORK & TRIBE: While you have to be able to "do" the work of international education, who you know is almost as important. I'll teach you why your professional network is your most valuable asset when you're just getting started, how to capitalize on existing relationships, and how to start nurturing and growing a powerhouse network of colleagues, peers, and mentors.
- FINDING & LANDING REAL WORLD OPPORTUNITIES: Learn how to effectively position your body of work for existing job openings and also how to leverage other strategic professional opportunities to stack your resume with relevant experience in the field. We'll talk pitching projects, rocking your resume, killer cover letters, and ninja-level interview skills so you land the opportunities you want.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
ASPIRING + CURRENT PROFESSIONALS READY TO LAUNCH AND LEVEL-UP A CAREER IN INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION
"I created the Global Pro Institute for people with a passion for global education who want the no-fluff, step-by-step roadmap, and the ongoing support to launch and level-up a successful career in international education.
If you already have an established career and you're looking to get to the next level, this course is for you. If you're starting from the beginning with zero experience, this course is also for you because you'll instantly have a network of like-minded peers and access to me, a seasoned industry veteran to help you build a brand, body of work, and network that matters."
— Brooke Roberts, Founder of Inside Study Abroad, Creator of the Global Pro Institute, Former IE Executive, Entrepreneur, and TEDx Speaker
HERE'S WHAT previous STUDENTS HAVE TO SAY
I'm happy to say I've accepted a job at nafsa:
"GPI helped me identify and relate my own skill set and experience to positions I'm interested in. Having previous experience as an academic, rather than an IE professional, means I have to reposition myself and work on my branding more to let others know what I really want to do. Sometimes you need to have experience to get experience, and sometimes it's more about your network. GPI has made me more aware of my network and the relationships I've built and how to give back as well. And I'm happy to say that I've accepted a job as Associate Director of Research and Scholarship at NAFSA! Thank you GPI!"
- Shanna Saubert, PhD, Associate Director of Research and Scholarship, NAFSA
The STRATEGIES SET OUT BY BROOKE REALLY DO WORK:
"Great news: I landed a really great study abroad role at a London University! Massive thanks to Brooke... and all of you fellow GPIers! The GPI course has been fantastic, and the strategies set out by Brooke really do work. I don't know if I'd have made this shift without it."
- Malcolm Davidson, London South Bank University
Super excited about the work I'm about to begin:
"Hello GPI family. Happy to announce after a couple months of pitching ideas and demonstrating what I can do, a new opportunity in IE presented itself. I grabbed it with both hands, gave it a bear hug, and wrestled it to the ground.
I'm the new Partnerships and Program Developer at United Planet. Super excited about the work I'm about to begin. Grateful to them for their willingness to take a chance on me proving I can bring value to the UP organization.
- Ayesha Kennedy Candiff, PhD, Partnerships and Program Developer, United Planet
STOP SPINNING YOUR WHEELS & DITCH THE FRUSTRATION
Finally launch your career in international education!
MODULE #0: GLOBAL PRO 101
- What is International Education and Meaningful Travel
- Understand the Historical Context of International Education
- Go Beyond Study Abroad: Career Paths in International Education
- The Real Deal: The Inside Baseball of International Education (one of the most popular lessons which covers who's who, key organizations, political landmines, and all the stuff people only whisper about at conferences)
MODULE #1: LAUNCH A GLOBAL PROFESSIONAL BRAND
- Discover why your professional brand matters and how to find your brand story + niche
- Dive deep into your background, interests, and strengths - what makes you YOU
- Create a Career HQ that shines and will have people knocking down our door with opportunities
- Where to establish your credibility and how to get noticed by influencers
- Discover Why A Great Personal Brand Isn't Enough
MODULE #2: CREATE YOUR BODY OF WORK
- Discover my "3 X 3 Method" to create a stacked resume and body of work
- How to gain the right skills to position you for the jobs you want
- Leverage the skills you already have to stand out in a crowded job market
- How to get the experience you need for a job in international education
- The power of free work and the art of the pitch
MODULE #3: BUILD A POWERHOUSE NETWORK
- Learn how to network like a boss without feeling sleazy
- Discover how to make your existing connections your best asset in your job search
- Learn how to manage and track your growing network with my free tool
- And discover my boomerang system to build lasting relationships
MODULE #4: BECOME THE TOTAL PACKAGE
- Bringing it all together to create a dream come true package for any hiring manager
- Crafting attractive and effective resumes and cover letters that land you real world opportunities
- Mastering the art of your phone and in-person interviews
BEYONG THE CORE CURRICULUM
BEYONG THE 5 CORE MODULES YOU'LL RECEIVE:
LIVE GROUP COACHING
Live/Recorded group coaching sessions with hot seats
Lifetime access to all curriculum updates and future live sessions. Forever.
PRIVATE MASTERMIND COMMUNITY
Online Mastermind student center for accountability, ask questions, get support AND in-person networking opportunities.
JOIN THE GLOBAL PRO INSTITUTE!
PRACTICAL 5 MODULE CURRICULUM: 5 Pre-recorded Modules (13+ hours of training)
GPI CAREER ROADMAP WORKBOOK: Guiding you step-by-step through each individual action item
EXCLUSIVE MASTERMIND COMMUNITY: Online Mastermind student center for accountability, ask questions, and get support
LIFETIME ACCESS: Lifetime access to all curriculum updates and future live sessions
LIVE GROUP COACHING: Live/Recorded group coaching sessions with hot seats
PLUS THESE BONUSES...
EXCLUSIVE INSIDER INTERVIEWS: 14 in-depth interviews with thought-leaders in specific functional areas of the field
ROCK YOUR INFORMATIONAL INTERVIEWS TRAINING
15+ HOURS OF RESUME AND COVER LETTER REVIEWS
PDF GRAD SCHOOL GUIDE: Free copy of the Inside Study Abroad Grad School Guide
GLOBAL PRO ALUMNI DISCOUNTS: GPI members get first and discounted access to all future trainings and workshops
Take your Global Pro training to the next level with these bonuses:
EXCLUSIVE INSIDER INTERVIEW
Thought-leaders give insights and advice on landing a job in specific areas of the field. From study abroad to ISSS to entrepreneurship to onsite management.
PDF GRAD SCHOOL GUIDE
Free copy of the Inside Study Abroad Grad School Guide!
Training on how to land amazing informational interviews and meetings with influential and interesting professionals in international education and meaningful travel.
15+ HOURS OF RESUME REVIEWS
Get access to over 15 hours of pre-recorded video resume reviews to learn how to avoid the most common mistakes and pitfalls. See how the best cover letters are crafted.
SO WHO IS THE GLOBAL PRO GUIDING YOU ON THIS JOURNEY?
HEY, I'M YOUR COACH, BROOKE ROBERTS
I help aspiring and current international education professionals fall in love with launching and growing a meaningful career they love. I do this by teaching my proven strategy on how to build a brand, body of work, and powerful network as a strong foundation for an exceptional career. And I do it all with step-by-step action plans so that you walk away with real, tangible collateral that will move your career forward.
In four short years, I transformed from a broke grad student with exactly 70 job rejections to an executive and thought-leader in the field. There was a time when I was spinning my wheels, completely frustrated with the closed-door vibe of the industry, and ready to give up on my dream career.
But I figured out a path and plan that got me noticed by hiring committees (with dozens of job offers), invited for speaking gigs, hired for consulting, and regularly head-hunted by companies and universities.
So whether you're a complete newbie to the professional world of international education or a current professional ready to level-up, I can help you see the next steps to take, how to position yourself for success, and show you the strategic professional path that is both realistic and inspiring to you.
BROOKE HAS BEEN FEATURED IN
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the program begin and in? How does this work?
The program begins March 4th, 2019. We recommend you aim to complete one module each week.
Group coaching calls take place each week for six weeks when you'll be able to talk live with Brooke and the Inside Study Abroad team, ask questions, and get tailored feedback. You'll receive emails and announcements inside the community about each coaching call.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? This means once you enroll, you get access to all future upgrades of the Global Pro Institute curriculum, the networking community, in-person events, and coaching calls.
Will I get 1-on-1 coaching from Brooke?
Inside our GPI Community, you'll be able to ask questions to all GPI members and directly to Brooke. This is everyone's favorite part! The entire Inside Study Abroad team checks into the group multiple times each week and most days to answer questions, start discussions, and share resources.
You can also get personalized advice and feedback from Brooke during our weekly live group coaching calls where she gives tailored advice to your unique challenges and situation.
Beyond that, once you enroll in the course, you have the option of signing up for additional 1-on-1 time with Brooke.
What happens once I enroll?
First, welcome and congratulations! We're so happy you decided to join us! The program begins on Monday, March 4th when you’ll receive access to the first module of the program.
What is the refund policy?
Due to the digital nature of this program and because you receive instant access to all the content, no refunds are offered. If you have questions about whether this course is right for you, please contact us at hello at insidestudyabroad.com and we'll answer your questions.
What format is the course content delivered in?
The course materials are shared as pre-recorded video content, printable slides, audio downloads, and a course workbook. So, whether you prefer to read, write, watch, or listen to the content, you'll be set.
Still have questions?
We're happy to answer any questions you may have so you can determine if this program is right for you! Email us at hello at insidestudyabroad.com and we'll get back to you ASAP.
WHAT BROOKE'S PEERS SAY ABOUT HER
BROOKE has a huge capacity to tie people and ideas together:
"Brooke is a dynamic thought leader, taking her passion for education into her other love – yoga. She is incredibly smart and has a huge capacity to tie people and ideas together in new and meaningful ways. She is clearly driven to succeed in her endeavors and when you speak with Brooke you just find yourself cheering for her to make it all happen! I admire her courage to push boundaries and she has helped me push a few of my own. I am sincerely honored to be in her circle."
- Cynthia Banks, Founder, Global Leadership League and Founder, Globalinks Learning Abroad (now part of ISA)
BROOKE IS A MODEL COLLEAGUE:
"Brooke's enthusiasm, hard-work and collegiality make her a model colleague. She brings energy and passion to all that she undertakes, and I recommend her projects without reservation."
- Tony Johnson, President, The Academic Internship Council (part of CIEE)
Bottom line: when I have a question about international education, I go to Brooke:
"Brooke is, simply said, a study abroad rockstar. When it comes to study abroad, Brooke knows her stuff, and she knows it well. She's incredibly intelligent, professional, and has a business savvy that has always impressed me. Bottom line: when I have a question about international education, I go to Brooke."
I can't think of a better person to run a course like GPI:
"Brooke Roberts is an institution. When Go Overseas is considering anything new in the world of International Education, I check with Brooke to hear her strategic thoughts & vision. I can't think of a better person to run a course like the Global Pro Institute. It's going to change many lives in the world of International Education, and create a better, more professional group of staff & visionaries for this very important field that impacts so many students & people around the world."
- Mitch Gordon, CEO and Co-Founder, Go Overseas
Brooke is the epitome of GSD:
"Brooke is the epitome of GSD. She sees what she wants, she researches the best way to make it happen, and she executes. She is my social media and web guru, a business-savvy entrepreneur, a passionate educator, and a good friend."
- Natalie Garrett, Co-Founder, The Study Abroad Journal
She shaped young professionals from university graduates into leaders in their fields:
"As Senior Vice President at GoAbroad.com, Brooke guided the company during a critical expansion period. Several of her innovations evolved from concept to successful products in a short and efficient time period. Brooke managed nearly 100 staff around the world from technology experts to content development editors. She shaped young professionals from university graduates into leaders in their fields."
- Troy Peden, Founder, GoAbroad.com